Sunday, May 16, 2010

High Thievery!

I thought about stealing a hub cap from another Volvo once. See my car: is a piece of crap. It wasn’t always that way. In fact it was amazing at one point in time. But because of the company I keep, well, it deteriorated. Fast. People tend not to care a whole lot if the shit isn’t theirs.

Anyway, through a series of circumstances beyond my imagination, it had come upon my misfortune that while out of town during an interview with a quite famous lesbian playwright – of whom I knew nothing about at the time –  that a fellow pledge was borrowing my car for various nefarious activities.

He of course, was a disastrous fool; irresponsible and careless of his consequential effect on other’s blind generosity - which is of course, I found incredibly entertaining up until this point in time. 

In short, it led to the quick rupture of my front left tire. One of which he replaced, but with much difficulty and disservice to me.

It had happened that while I went to fetch the replacing tire for the spare – which too had become flat –  that I left the hubcap from the old tire in the cab on the way to the tire shop. Long ago as it may be, the hubcap was never replaced.

Foolishness, that leads me to think thoughts of treachery and high thievery.

Aug 19, 2009
* END *

No comments:

Post a Comment