Sunday, May 16, 2010

totley and the halloween night

THE FOLLOWING.. is a stream of consciousness-type prose I wrote in the POV of one of the characters in a new play I’m writing called “Corduroy.” It deals with the dissolution of imperfection in legacy. The character below is Totley.

What losers. Laughing at a bunch of idiots having fun. All because you don’t have the balls to do it. You’re less than them in my book..... Do I smell liquor?

God I love guidos. They’re so fun. Too many people are obsessed with how they look. And their manners. I say that but I’m one of them. That’s why I love beer. It gets rid of your inhibitions. It makes you sooo drunk.

I’ve noticed that in times of stress and distress Black people tend to be with each other. Whether it’s the first day of school. First day at the job, or the Republican national convention.
People are
The same.
Everywhere.
How awesome is this town. Benevido

The Mexicans arrived, then congregated toward the Black folks on account of the drunken guidos. I love those guys. It was about that time they decided to have existential cultural stereotypical moment and leave for Taco Bell. Realizing to irony and yell “Everybody! Party at taco bell.”

The smell of alcohol is everywhere.

I’m ready to party. Rubs shoulders. “Whats the different between a tiger and a fag?”
“Pretty homophobic. ‘S that touchin necessary?”
“Just answer the question ya moot!”
“I don’ know!”
“A tiger wouldn’t let you touch him. Ahhh!”
Everyone.
“Ahhhh, hahaha Drink bitches!”

I love Halloween.

There was something about watch in these guys together that made we feel utterly alone. I just needed to find a home. But I didn’t. I still didn’t screw the frat. That shit’s temporary. I don’t have to drag Malcolm everywhere. I’m going to contact these guys. Fuck it.

One of the guys starts to dance. I love this.

“If he falls off. The train falls off the tracks.”

 Oct 31, 2009
*END*

No comments:

Post a Comment